ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: [ANTidote] possibly needs to be renamed!
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:28:54 GMT
> You may be right, because "antidote" is a commonly used word, but I am
> with Stefan here and I feel playing save can't be bad :-).

What are the chances that the new name isn't a clash with somebody else
somewhere? How far/wide do you search? Do you change again in a while when
somebody surfaces? When does it end?

I think typically folks w/ name clashes, who don't truly clash in
product/concept/marketing typically just learn to ignore it and coexist. The
Internet is too big for no clashes. Maybe call it org.apache.ant.idote or
something. ;-)

Surely Apache has run into this before, no?

regards

Adam