ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Feller" <Emmanuel.Fel...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [vote] Ant 1.6 : further release plan
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:48:58 GMT
----- Message d'origine -----
De : <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
À : <dev@ant.apache.org>
Envoyé : mardi 14 octobre 2003 18:30
Objet : RE: [vote] Ant 1.6 : further release plan

[...]
> > ...this is a recurrent problem in OSS software: people
steer clear of
> > code till the x.0 release ships, it 'releases', which
means that the
> > bugs get found in the x.1 update. Maybe we should factor
that
> > in and go
> > straight to the 1.6.0 with a plan to 1.6.1 two months
later.

> +1, where is the different between a 1.6RC2 and a 1.6.1 ?
Only in the name
> :-)
>
> Jan

Hi,

I agree but i see a big difference : if it is released, i
will be able to use it in production, with RC2 i cannot. and
if i may use it, i will be able to justify contribution to
my manager ... now i cannot and so i only take a deep look
into ant in my private free time (and it is not a lot).

Emmanuel