ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Christoph Wilhelms" <christoph.wilhe...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: [ANTidote] possibly needs to be renamed!
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:59:08 GMT
Wow Steve!

Impressive research :-)! Well done! Nearly nothing to add :-)!

> Perhaps we just make sure that we call it Apache ANTidote on
> all the web
> page & docs tonight, send him a letter saying we have made
> sure that we
> use the full name. If he insists then raise the stakes by
> asking for to
> see the USPTO registration as you cannot find it in the search engine.
>
> finally, if we do to change the products name we ping the
> virus software
> vendors and ask if they have received the same emails & what their
> action will be. heh.

Agreed. The one and only reason I'd still feel better renaming ANTidote
to "Ant GUI" (as it is generic as possible) is to avoid a "dissuasion"
(hope it is the right term), wich would cause minimumly lawyer costs, we
can't afford... I do not even think that the name of the Ant GUI is
worth a chance of getting in trouble...

Thoughts?
Chris

By the way: still need more developers for the Ant GUI (commercial block
end ;-))