ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Getting 1.6 out the door
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:18:51 GMT
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
wrote:

> - features included in 1.6 : all the features currently present in
> head

+0

In particular, I'm not too fond of the completely undocumented
<classloader> task.

Peter, we will have to get this "why is <antlib> a taskcontainer"
question sorted out soon ;-)

> - freeze date for 1.6 branch : Monday, September 22 13:00 GMT

which is rather soon given the number of open bug reports.  But we
have to get ready sometime.

> - availability of ANT_16_B1 binaries : within one week of the freeze
> of the branch.

Oops.  Again, given the number of open reports, this is really soon.

May I suggest to create the 1.6 branch and limit it to bug fixing and
doc changes but push the first beta at least one more week out.
Otherwise we'll need quite a few betas before we are happy with the
release, I'm afraid.

> - release manager : myself
>
> (I hope this is OK, although I am not a PMC member).

Fine with me, even though it may put you into the stange position that
the release manager's vote on the release itself is not binding -
technically.

Ping me if you need help.

Stefan