ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject circular <import>s
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:57:54 GMT
Currently a build.xml with

<project>
  <import file="build.xml"/>
</project>

will print a warning "Skipped already imported file build.xml" and end
as a successful build after executing the import once.

I feel this is wrong for two reasons:

(1) The current build file (the one intially loaded) should be added
to the list of already imported files implicitly so it doesn't get
loaded twice at all.

(2) circular imports look like a bug to me - the build should fail.

I understand that unrelated imports should be handled gracefully,
i.e. if A imports B and C and B and C both import D, this is OK.  But
a circular import is different from that to me.

Stefan