ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] javadoc refactoring and supporting gjdoc
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:23:12 GMT
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Takashi Okamoto <toraneko@kun.ne.jp> wrote:

> Debian have 'main' and 'contrib' section. 'main' group is official
> debian package which mean it's compiled and run opensource
> platform(e.g. kaffe/gcj) 'contrib' group is non-official which mean
> it's opensource but can't be built nor run with opensource platform.

I'll refrain from commenting on this policy.

> So, most of opensource java software create javadoc document with
> javadoc task. This means I can't put such a package into main
> section beacuse javadoc depend on SUN's implentation which is not
> oss.

Strictly speaking, you can build the package but you can't build the
docs.

> Then ,if gjdoc task is separated, I must modify build.xml file for
> all javadoc generation to create Debian package.

The alternative - coming in an Ant 1.6 release close to you soon - is
to provide a different build file for your Debian build.  In that
build file <import> the original build file and override the target[1]
that creates the javadocs with one that uses <gjdoc>.

> BTW, I already send the patch in bugzilla. Please close it.

will do.

Stefan

Footnotes:

[1] I've never thought I'd recommend to override targets - and
certainly not that soon.  Let's say I haven't been in control of
myself while I've written the paragraph above.