ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: things that break
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:23:20 GMT
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> pass for a self-compiled Mono 0.26 on Linux and a fink installed
>> Mono 0.23 on Mac OS X (one day I'll figure out how to compile Mono
>> 0.26 without a JIT and can upgrade my Mac installation).
>
> do you cross compile it?

What has worked for me was "fink install mono mono-dev".

On Linux I simply downloaded the latest tarball, performed the usual
"./configure; make; make install" incantation and things are fine.

If I try the same on Mac OS X the compilation of the JIT fails
(because of a missing file IIRC) and aborts the whole process.  I
assume that I'd just need to figure out which make targets to use
(instead of the defaults) and things would work as mint seems to
compile fine.

Stefan