ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GUMP failure caused by ANT (Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Axis)
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:10:26 GMT
On 10 Sep 2003, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> Ant 1.5.x will use the last one to finally set the property

Not really true.  Even 1.5.4 uses the first definition if you use
multiple <property> tags in Ant.  I'd say the Axis build works with
Ant 1.5.x by accident (I'll soon commit a version that should make
Axis happy for the next - i.e. tomorrow's - Gump run).

If you want to be sure, that you don't rely on any hidden feature
likely to actually be a bug in 1.5.x you better don't reuse the old
instance of Ant.

Stefan