ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timestamp attribute processing
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 07:11:09 GMT
there also is a datetime attribute in <touch>.  Would be nice to unify
them - at least Java code wise.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com> wrote:

> (with a hardcoded US locale, looks like the europeans (continentals)
> are not allowed to enter DD-MM-YYYY dates, MM-DD-YYYY is preferred.

The reason is that you don't have to care about the user's locale
(user being the one who runs the build script).  For a reason unknown
to me, cron on RedHat 7.3 doesn't use the default locale of the
installed OS for example.

<OT>I could easily patch its environment but I've come to like the
fact that my code gets compiled and run on a different locale than my
default locale in nightly builds.  This has caught some locale
dependencies in my code in the past.</OT>.

Stefan