ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.6 migration guide?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 06:58:16 GMT
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
wrote:

> The most revolutionary feature is antlib. It should allow users to
> create jar files with a descriptor containing all the taskdefs and
> typedefs that are required.
>
> This work done by Peter Reilly should also make it easier to deliver
> custom conditions, filters, ...

And don't underestimate the power of macrodef and presetdef.

> Really, Peter Reilly should be the one to write this migration
> guide.

Yeah, let's volunteer Peter ;-)

> Then the <ssh/> and <scp/> tasks will be very useful for deployment.

I think that saying they are there and having manuals for them is
enough.  People who need the functionality will immediately know what
they gain.  No need to tell people they should now use scp instead of
ftp (it's their fault if ftp has ever been an option) IMHO.

Stefan