ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Getting 1.6 out the door
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:01:36 GMT
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, peter reilly <> wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 07:50, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
>> > I'd also like Ant 1.6 to have try/catch; if we cannot easily
>> > reuse the ant contrib one,
>> Have we even tried to?
> The  issue was getting permission from the author.

The other thing should be asking the ant-contrib project admins
whether it was OK with them IMHO.  You and I are mere mortals unlike
Matt and Curt 8-)

> (One Stefan Bodewig with mods by Dan Ritchey from the javadoc).

It's been more the other way around.  The initial code has been Dan's
and I've modified it (quite a bit - the initial code could just catch
the exception but didn't have catch or finally blocks).

> In any case I think we should hold off this debate until
> 1.7 (if <try/catch> why not <if> ?).

fine with me.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: