ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:00:20 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jose Alberto Fernandez
> <jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:
>

>>First, <import/> makes absolute no sense to me inside a <target>.
>>The whole point of import was allowing for target-overriding.
>>I could understand having an <include/> in there, because is
>>textually expanding the file in place, which may make sense.
>
> There is no <include>, only <import> which does both.  I've already
> voiced my preference for a "pure" <include> task.

Stefan, IIRC there was consensus that we should add an extra include
task to only substitute entity includes. This to make it possible for
use cases like yours to work without worrying about the import
overriding capabilities.

I don't have the time now, but I really think that if you or someone
else adds an include task to the list, nobody would object. Personally I
favor it, as adding a task does not take away from import.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -