ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:15:20 GMT
Sounds good,
Antoine

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 16:21
An: Ant Developers List
Betreff: Re: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 13:24, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
> > I think that the use-case is valid.
>
> Hmm, maybe - given the timing of Antoine's release plan - we should
> limit <import> to top-level right now and revisit nesteing import into
> targets later?

The original implementation was a bit hachy (modifing the vector
of tasks in target while reading it). I have made a new
implementation that makes a new target for top level tasks
of imported files and executes them in the same way as normal
top level tasks.

This implementation does handle your use-case (I think) and
sequential.
<parallel> may be a problem - need to think about protecting
access to the antcontext object in PH2.

Peter