ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <>
Subject AW: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:15:20 GMT
Sounds good,

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: peter reilly []
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 16:21
An: Ant Developers List
Betreff: Re: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 13:24, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, peter reilly <> wrote:
> > I think that the use-case is valid.
> Hmm, maybe - given the timing of Antoine's release plan - we should
> limit <import> to top-level right now and revisit nesteing import into
> targets later?

The original implementation was a bit hachy (modifing the vector
of tasks in target while reading it). I have made a new
implementation that makes a new target for top level tasks
of imported files and executes them in the same way as normal
top level tasks.

This implementation does handle your use-case (I think) and
<parallel> may be a problem - need to think about protecting
access to the antcontext object in PH2.

> > One should also think about an <import> inside a sequential.
> Aaargh.  <import> inside <parallel> will be even more fun.
> Stefan

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message