ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: Execute#getExitCode doesn't work as advertised
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:05:19 GMT
What you say makes sense Stefan,
Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. September 2003 10:38
An: dev@ant.apache.org
Betreff: Execute#getExitCode doesn't work as advertised

Martijn Kruithof raised this issue in his patch for PR 23150.

The javadocs say

     * @return the exit value, 1 if the process was killed,

but in fact, it doesn't do anything special for a killed process.

Rather than "fixing" this method, I'd like to remove the comment.
For two reasons

(1) Execute#killedProcess can always be consulted

(2) more important to me - 1 means success on OpenVMS, so any hard
    coded constant here would be wrong IMHO.

Comments?

Stefan