ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: antidote diff
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:52:20 GMT
On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 01:41  AM, Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> Atidote was relying on dtd description of tasks and types but i changed
> this to introspection to gain more flexibility. Additionally the DTDs
> quickly became outdated! There had be a plan to aotomatically generate
> metadata/metainformation on tasks and types using xdoclet... I am not
> shure how far that went. I think Erik Hatcher has to drop in to this
> discussion to give further information on this!

in proposal/xdocs is a project to generate XML descriptor files for
each Ant task.  this XML file contains meta information that you could
not get from introspection like the task description (from Javadoc
comments), and sub-element and attribute descriptions, and provides a
lot of rich information that would be very handy to antidote, i'd
suspect.

apparently the build ("docs-from-scratch" target) is broken currently,
so i'm going to have a quick look into fixing it now.

	Erik