ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel.Muel...@bedag.ch
Subject AW: Change proposal for FTP task
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 06:55:24 GMT
The FTP server runs on z/os or the unix part (not entirely sure but my guess
is z/os), the machine i send from runs NT. Could you explain the TCPIP.DATA,
ASATRANS, CCXLATE and SBDATACONN to me? Are those ftp-server settings or can
i adjust ant's approach to sending files. Cp1252 is the win encoding and i
should be able to translate to cp1047 (IBM special encoding, dont have a
clue), although not even this is confirmed, the hosties werent entirely sure
which one (or they couldnt explain it to us). I also tried using binary
upload for ascii files (which should work, shouldnt it?), but this resultet
in unreadable files.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Dan

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jay [mailto:jvandermeer2@comcast.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. September 2003 02:54
An: Ant Developers List
Betreff: Re: Change proposal for FTP task

If it's S390 or z/os it might be a setup problem on your FTP started task.
use the ftp task from ant 1.5.1 as is and have not had any translation
problems.  When I send text data I use binary="no",  and a second task
binary="yes" for things like .class files.  You might check your TCPIP.DATA

parms, see what you have for ASATRANS, CCXLATE and SBDATACONN.

Also I have a few S390 java programs that send data to WINNT and unix, the
code page that I use is CP1252, might be the one you want.