ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject AW: Change proposal for FTP task
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 06:55:24 GMT
The FTP server runs on z/os or the unix part (not entirely sure but my guess
is z/os), the machine i send from runs NT. Could you explain the TCPIP.DATA,
ASATRANS, CCXLATE and SBDATACONN to me? Are those ftp-server settings or can
i adjust ant's approach to sending files. Cp1252 is the win encoding and i
should be able to translate to cp1047 (IBM special encoding, dont have a
clue), although not even this is confirmed, the hosties werent entirely sure
which one (or they couldnt explain it to us). I also tried using binary
upload for ascii files (which should work, shouldnt it?), but this resultet
in unreadable files.

Thanks for the help anyway.


-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jay [] 
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. September 2003 02:54
An: Ant Developers List
Betreff: Re: Change proposal for FTP task

If it's S390 or z/os it might be a setup problem on your FTP started task.
use the ftp task from ant 1.5.1 as is and have not had any translation 
problems.  When I send text data I use binary="no",  and a second task 
binary="yes" for things like .class files.  You might check your TCPIP.DATA

parms, see what you have for ASATRANS, CCXLATE and SBDATACONN.

Also I have a few S390 java programs that send data to WINNT and unix, the 
code page that I use is CP1252, might be the one you want.

On Monday 08 September 2003 03:36, wrote:
> Hi folks.
> We had a rather nasty problem with the ant FTP task. We needed some 
> encoding conversion from the developers workstations To the FTP server 
> which runs on an IBM mainframe the desired encoding was cp1047 which 
> is not supported (we arent sure if ist really the desired encoding 
> since the mainframe guys werent to clear about which of those 3 or 4 
> encodings they use on the machine is what we would need). The standard 
> solution used in manual ftp transfers is to submit a 'site' command 
> pointing to the appropriate conversion table on the host. This wasnt 
> possible with ant. Its a minor modification and ive done it to solve 
> our problem. I propose to change the FTP class accordingly since there 
> are probably others which would need such functionality.
> Below are the changes. I have the whole change ftp source too, if this 
> would be more convenient. The code isnt thoroughly tested but works.
> Thanks for ant, folks. Great to know youre out there.
> Dan
> 8<-------------8<-------------cut here-------------8<-------------8<
> 	...
> 	private String initialCommands = null;
> 	...
> 	/**
> 	 * sets commands which are executed in order after the
> 	 * connection has been established.
> 	 */
> 	public void setInitialcommands(String initialCommands) {
> 		this.initialCommands = initialCommands;
> 	}
> 	...
> 	public void execute() throws BuildException {
> 		...
> 		log("login succeeded", Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
> 		// new code
> 		if (initialCommands != null) {
> 			Vector cmds = StringUtils.split(initialCommands,
> ';');
> 			for (int i = 0; i < cmds.size(); i++) {
> 				doSiteCommand(ftp, (String) cmds.get(i));
> 			}
> 		}
> 		// end new code
> 		if (binary) {
> 		...
> 	}

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message