ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: can't build ant 1.6
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:17:18 GMT
1.3

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 11:04 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: can't build ant 1.6

Steve Cohen wrote:

> I've received no replies to this, so let me try again with a little
> more information.  Previous versions of build.sh (or build.bat)
> contained this sequence:
>
> LOCALCLASSPATH=lib/xercesImpl.jar:lib/xml-apis.jar:bootstrap/lib/ant.j
> ar
> # add in the dependency .jar files
> DIRLIBS=lib/optional/*.jar
> for i in ${DIRLIBS}
> do
>     if [ "$i" != "${DIRLIBS}" ] ; then
>         LOCALCLASSPATH=$LOCALCLASSPATH:"$i"
>     fi
> done
>
> In the current version, it is like this:
>
> LOCALCLASSPATH=
> # add in the dependency .jar files
> DIRLIBS=lib/optional/*.jar
> for i in ${DIRLIBS}
> do
>     if [ "$i" != "${DIRLIBS}" ] ; then
>         LOCALCLASSPATH=$LOCALCLASSPATH:"$i"
>     fi
> done
>
> The difference is that LOCALCLASSPATH is no longer being preset with
> xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar before the optional directory is
scanned. The absence of these jars from the classpath was what led to
the failures below.  Getting them onto the classpath solved the problem.

> But is this a bug?  Or is it an undocumented requirement that ant be
> built in an environment that has these or other such jars on the
> classpath?  Or is it a documented requirement and I've just been
> unable to find the documentation?

I have seen something like this running build.sh on unix; it may be an
effect of how we have recently changed the bootloader.

What java version are you running?