ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <SCo...@sportvision.com>
Subject RE: Timestamp attribute processing
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:37:13 GMT
I've decided to do the following:
I allow user to optionally specify a SimpleDateFormat String.  If they don't do that, my routine
will try by default DateUtils.ISO8601_DATETIME_PATTERN and if that fails, then DateUtils.ISO8601_DATE_PATTERN.
 If a format is supplied and fails or if one isn't supplied and neither of the defaults work,
I throw an exception.  I've put this logic into StarTeamCheckout, because DateUtils seems
to have a somewhat different purpose (like getPhaseOfMoon()??? :-) ) and I'm not sure my logic
is generically applicable.  So I am using DateUtils but not modifying it.  I could put SimpleDateFormat.parse()
inside a wrapper, but that seems pointless.

-----Original Message-----
From:	Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@antbuild.com]
Sent:	Mon 9/1/2003 6:12 PM
To:	Ant Developers List
Subject:	Re: Timestamp attribute processing
Yes, if you think of a good generic routine to parse strings into dates,
then DateUtils should be the place for it.

Antoine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Cohen" <SCohen@sportvision.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 10:27 PM
Subject: RE: Timestamp attribute processing

Hmm, that's weaker than I would have expected.  If I'd like something a
little better, is your recommendation then to add to DateUtils?

The StarTeam API uses something they call an OLEDate, which I'm sure has
some sort of parse capability but if I rely on that then I run the risk of
being out of synch with the rest of Ant.