ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: antcall and build.xml being modified.
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:54:13 GMT

I actually disagree with that statement somewhat. As long as
the self-modification is controlled and static, it's actually
a good and powerful way to build multiple projects by applying
on-the-fly changes to what gets fed to Ant ultimately, usually
incorporating centralized information. And I don't think it's
quite like <import> either.

I do agree about not locking Ant into forcing reparsing if the
build file is changed, although it's simple enough to find out
if the build file has really changed, and use the cache if not...

I'm planning on exploring the static on-the-fly self-modifying
build file avenue myself... --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message