ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:30:23 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> Shall we make this ("Thou Shalt Not Use <import> Inside
> <target>s") a rule for <import> in general and enforce it?
> Or is my use-case above a valid one and we change the
> implementation to deal with it?

First, <import/> makes absolute no sense to me inside a <target>.
The whole point of import was allowing for target-overriding.
I could understand having an <include/> in there, because is
textually expanding the file in place, which may make sense.

But I do not see too much value on allowing this. I see more potential
harm
than good. And we can always relax the rules in the future when we
understand
the usage needs better.

Jose