ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin LaVergne <>
Subject Ant 1.6 - <ejbjar> task logging warning with JBoss deployment tool
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:52:33 GMT

In Ant 1.6 there is a change to the JBoss deployment tool to pick up the
CMP deployment descriptor if the cmpversion attribute is 2.0.  If the
deployment descriptor (jbosscmp-jdbc.xml) is not there, it logs the
following warning:

[ejbjar] Unable to locate jboss cmp descriptor. It was expected to be in

The problem is that there are no CMP beans that will go in this jar file so
this warning is not valid.  We are using the "directory" naming strategy
for our EJBs and we have some that have CMP beans and others that do not.

<ejbjar descriptordir="${ejbjars.tmp.dir}" srcdir="${classes.dir}"
         destdir="${ejb-jars.dir}" naming="directory" dependency="full"

JBoss does not require that the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file exist in the EJB jar
file if there are no CMP beans.  Because of this, I don't think that the
warning should be written to the log if there are no CMP beans for the jar

This is just a warning so I can live with it, but I'm sure that it will get
annoying after a while of seeing it.

Kevin LaVergne

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: