ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Aston" <pas...@bea.com>
Subject JUnit task - forking only once for a batch
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:47:32 GMT
[Initially sent to user@ant.apache.org, resent to a more appropriate
place].

Hi,

I finally got fed up with the cost of forking a new process for every test
(~1 second in my environment). I've hacked <junit/> to support a new type
of <batchtest/> where where all of the tests are executed in a single
sub-process. *Much* faster.

I'm quite willing to clean this up and submit it as a patch; but first
I have some questions:

	1. Is there planned support for this already?

	2. If not, who maintains the JUnit task, and would they like
         <batchtest fork="single"/>

	3. If they would, which version of ANT should I base the patch on?

Regards,

- Phil