ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Aston" <>
Subject JUnit task - forking only once for a batch
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:47:32 GMT
[Initially sent to, resent to a more appropriate

I finally got fed up with the cost of forking a new process for every test
(~1 second in my environment). I've hacked <junit/> to support a new type
of <batchtest/> where where all of the tests are executed in a single
sub-process. *Much* faster.

I'm quite willing to clean this up and submit it as a patch; but first
I have some questions:

	1. Is there planned support for this already?

	2. If not, who maintains the JUnit task, and would they like
         <batchtest fork="single"/>

	3. If they would, which version of ANT should I base the patch on?

- Phil

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message