ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: antidote diff
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:03:51 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> IMHO, I don't think development should be tied to a single IDE.

Well, this is true, but a .java file GUI-edited under NetBeans is hand-editable.
You just don't hand-code inside the areas delineated by guard comments. I hand-edit
Netbeans projects all the time.

It's just so much faster to lay out stuff in NetBeans, and after doing all the work, why
not check in the .form files? They're totally optional to Antidote itself, but they save
work if you *happen to want to use* NetBeans for further GUI development of Antidote.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # You measure democracy by the freedom it
Senior Consultant  # gives its dissidents, not the freedom