ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: GUMP failure caused by ANT (Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Axis)
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:40:04 GMT
FYI: a recent change (few weeks back?) is breaking Axis in its iterative 
build (uses a descendent of ant-contrib's foreach)

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Tried both j2sdk-1.3.1_08 and j2sdk-1.4.1_03 on nagoya. Problem occurs on both with latest
ANT
> nightly.
> 
> -- dims
> 
> --- Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
>>Steve,
>>
>>This is caused by Nightly ANT (on Nagoya). Does not happen with ANT 1.5.4. Both nightly
and
>>1.5.4
>>work fine on WIN2K, but am able to reproduce this problem on nagoya. If u see
>>http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/xml-axis.html you can see that "Compiling
>>test.RPCDispatch" occurs many many times. Basically the problem is when looping through
all the
>>build.xml's we seem to be stuck on the first one which is test/RPCDispatch/build.xml.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>dims
>>
>>--- Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>>
>>>----------------------------------------------------
>>>This email is autogenerated from the output from:
>>><http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-09-02/xml-axis.html>
>>>----------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>Build results exceed maximum length.
>>>Please see URL above for details.
>>>Last 50 lines of build output follows.
>>>
>>>     [java]   [foreach]                                    ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach] /home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/echo/TestClient.java:676:
>>>cannot resolve symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class SOAPStructStruct 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.echo.TestClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]             SOAPStructStruct input = new SOAPStructStruct();
>>>     [java]   [foreach]             ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach] /home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/echo/TestClient.java:676:
>>>cannot resolve symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class SOAPStructStruct 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.echo.TestClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]             SOAPStructStruct input = new SOAPStructStruct();
>>>     [java]   [foreach]                                          ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach] /home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/echo/TestClient.java:693:
>>>cannot resolve symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class SOAPArrayStruct 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.echo.TestClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]             SOAPArrayStruct input = new SOAPArrayStruct();
>>>     [java]   [foreach]             ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach] /home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/echo/TestClient.java:693:
>>>cannot resolve symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class SOAPArrayStruct 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.echo.TestClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]             SOAPArrayStruct input = new SOAPArrayStruct();
>>>     [java]   [foreach]                                         ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach]
>>>/home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/jaxrpc/address/AddressClient.java:18:
cannot resolve
>>>symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class AddressService 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.jaxrpc.address.AddressClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]         AddressService myProxy = (AddressService) service.getPort(new
>>>     [java]   [foreach]         ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach]
>>>/home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/jaxrpc/address/AddressClient.java:18:
cannot resolve
>>>symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class AddressService 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.jaxrpc.address.AddressClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]         AddressService myProxy = (AddressService) service.getPort(new
>>>     [java]   [foreach]                                   ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach]
>>>/home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/samples/jaxrpc/address/AddressClient.java:19:
cannot resolve
>>>symbol
>>>     [java]   [foreach] symbol  : class AddressService 
>>>     [java]   [foreach] location: class samples.jaxrpc.address.AddressClient
>>>     [java]   [foreach]                 QName(nameSpaceUri, portName), AddressService.class);
>>>     [java]   [foreach]                                                ^
>>>     [java]   [foreach] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>>>     [java]   [foreach] Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
>>>     [java]   [foreach] 27 errors
>>>
>>>     [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>     [java] /home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/test/functional/build.xml:53: Compile
failed;
>>
>>see
>>
>>>the compiler error output for details.
>>>
>>>     [java] Total time: 1 minute 14 seconds
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>BUILD FAILED
>>>/home/rubys/jakarta/xml-axis/java/xmls/targets.xml:7: Java returned: 1
>>>
>>>Total time: 3 minutes 17 seconds
>>
>>
>>=====
>>Davanum Srinivas - http://webservices.apache.org/~dims/
>>
> 
> 
> 
> =====
> Davanum Srinivas - http://webservices.apache.org/~dims/



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message