ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Timestamp attribute processing
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:56:11 GMT
Steve Cohen wrote:
> Hmm, that's weaker than I would have expected.  If I'd like something a little better,
is your recommendation then to add to DateUtils?

I guess it is time for a date type. I imagine taking java.util.Calendar
as a param would be a nice way to map it (or Date, though that one's
lack of timezones is an eternal source of trouble in the SOAP world)

> The StarTeam API uses something they call an OLEDate, which I'm sure has some sort of
parse capability but if I rely on that then I run the risk of being out of synch with the
rest of Ant.

That looks suspiciously like a COM or SQL server datatype.