ant-dev mailing list archives

From Per Olesen <pole...@nordija.com>
Subject Volunteering: ejclientjar task missing? I want to write it
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:23:12 GMT
Hi,

I've often missed a task for generating a ejb clientjar. Ant already includes
a "ejbjar" task, but - as far as I know - no way of generating a ejb
clientjar from a generic ejbjar as input/source.

I hereby volunteer to write one myself !

I've read the guidelines on the web for how to contribute etc., but I'm not
clear precisely how to start this up.

Should I start by sending a description on this list of how I would implement
it (how it should work) or should I make a bugzilla report as a request for
enhancement and then grab it myself (may I even grab an issue? I have not
contributed to ant before).

I can also just write it like I would like it to work, and then submit the
patch for it. But then I first get your valuable input after I've done the
implementation.

Also: Should I develop against 1.6? I can see that there is a proposal for
starting a release-plan for 1.6. Might not make it into 1.6 then. Is there a
2.0 on the way? (there is a 2.0 name in bugzilla).

Regards, Per Olesen

--
Per Olesen @ Nordija A/S - www.nordija.com - main#: +45 70 20 25 10
email: polesen@nordija.com - cell#: +45 23 38 95 81