ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Should <import> cause an error when used inside a <target>?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:03:09 GMT
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:17 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> OK, if I nest <import> into a target, something like
>
> <target name="define-paths" depends="detect-platform">
>   <import file="${platform.specific.paths}"/>
> </target>

I'm not keen on <import>s within targets. The use-case seems too narrow to me
and it seems to confuse the target and top level scopes (which are sort of
confused anyway because we don't have target-scope properties - but that is a
separate issue)

I think we should check for this and explicitly disallow this behaviour.

Conor