ant-dev mailing list archives

From Takashi Okamoto <toran...@kun.ne.jp>
Subject [PROPOSAL] javadoc refactoring and supporting gjdoc
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:27:59 GMT
Hi ant,

Current javadoc task support only SUN's javadoc. However there are
another javadoc engine like gjdoc which is GNU's javadoc altenative.

If ant supports gjdoc, it would be helpful for diffusion of gjdoc.
In the past, I refactored rmic for other than SUN's rmic
implementation. This is second tackle for it.

(1)In the first, I'll refactor JavadocTask class with Adaptor and
   Factory Pattern like rmic. So, current JavadocTask class will be
   splitted into

  org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JavadocTask.java
  org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.javadoc.JavadocAdapter.java
  org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.javadoc.JavadocAdapterFactory.java
  org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.javadoc.SunJavadoc1.java
  org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.javadoc.SunJavadoc4.java

SunJavadoc1 and SunJavadoc4 is same as javadoc1 and javadoc4 in
current Javadoc implementation though I don't know why such named. In
addition to this, I may extract inner class at JavadocTask class
because it have too many inner class and I don't feel it's good.

(2)Second, I'll write gjdoc Adaptor for JavadocTask.

I would like ask you, is it good and my patch is acceptable or not.

This modification is useful for gcj ,kaffe and other opensource javavm
which couldn't bundled SUN's javadoc.

regards,

Takashi Okamoto