ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Request: "ant -projecthelp" is way too complicated!
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:41:43 GMT
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 04:57 pm, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 03:55 pm, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> > > I want to introcude some "shortcuts". How about that:
> >
> > I think each option should have a full work version and
> > optionally a single
> > letter shortcut. I don't like the abbreviations.
> >
> > Conor
>
> Some suggestions for
> -logfile    --> already -l
> -listener
> -logger

I don't really see a need to abbreviate those options. You're going to be
typing in a classname anyway so no big savings.

I would add -p for -projecthelp because it is a common operation

-version is not a common operation so no need for an abbreviation. Likewise
for the -diagnostics.

I would add -d for debug, -e for emacs and -s for find (search) and that's
probably it.

Thoughts?
Conor