ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: Ant-antidote persistent properties
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:36:00 GMT
Hi Jack!

> Here is a set of files I already sent to Christoph. I didn't
> want to clog the list, but then I realized it might be part
> of the community's informal group review process, so
> belatedly I am posting this to the list also:
> ======================

Just to the list, please :-)!

> This diff + the new files (see the package statements for
> their locations) implement a PropertiesManager and
> incidentally add an arg parsing framework. Both frameworks
> are from my own open source corpus.

Applied, but I rather would have preferred if you have used the Ant
argument-parsing or the CLI framework by Jakarta-Commons:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/cli/index.html
Would be "nice" to replace yours by one of these IMHO just for some
political reasons... ;-)

>    * The default properties file is
> {user.home}/apache.ant.antidote.persistent.properties
>    * Using the new -p argument you can pass in a properties
> filename instead
>    * If the properties file does not exist, it is created.
>
> If you like it, I will convert the Reopener to use this
> instead of writing its own properties file.

Yes, please, for it does not do much ATM ;-)!

> After that, I will begin a GUI interface to persistent properties.

Well, this should be the main purpose of the persitent properties :-)!

Greetings,
Christoph