ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject Re: antidote diff
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:41:09 GMT
> jax@purematrix.com wrote:
> Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
>
> > Regarding Jacks Question:
> >
> > IIRC the only GUI-generated code in Antidote is the
> > dependency chooser
> > dialog, and it had been generated using VisualAge 2.0 (by myself in
> > early 2001). All other GUI code you find in Antidote is particualry
> > highly generic and hand coded!
>
> Also sprachst du :-) ... *but* ...  If initComponents() and
> exitForm() in org/apache/tools/ant/gui/MainFrame.java
> weren't generated by NetBeans I'd be a very surprised Java
> programmer ... :-)

I bet you are ;-). Just two methodt names? Well, probably they initially
have been generated by NetBeans, but the current content looks pretty
hand coded to me ;-)!

> > There are certain tasks open- specially editors to be
> > written. It has
> > to be worked on stability and so on!
>
> Can you say more about this?

Of course!

One of the main design goals of Antidote is, to keep it small and fast,
but I thik it still could have more comfort in Buildfile development!

One thing that has been started, but has never finished is a Wizard for
build-files! Would be nice if you could pick that task up!
Another thing not implemented is support for "xml-import" and automated
code generation for antcall providing a preselection of targets
available (in this or another build-file).

And so on... Probably you have suggestions to extend Antidote aswell!
I'd be happy to discuss them here!

Greetings,
Christoph