ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject re: antidote diff
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 05:41:30 GMT
jax@purematrix.com wrote:
> Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
>
> > One thing that has been started, but has never finished is a Wizard
> > for build-files! Would be nice if you could pick that task up!
>
> Is there a spec or design for this?

There's just the implementation you find in the code (wizard package)

> I was thinking about DTD imports so optional tasks could
> describe themselves to Antidote if the authors of the tasks
> chose to include a DTD for their tasks. Or is that already a
> feature of Antidote?

Atidote was relying on dtd description of tasks and types but i changed
this to introspection to gain more flexibility. Additionally the DTDs
quickly became outdated! There had be a plan to aotomatically generate
metadata/metainformation on tasks and types using xdoclet... I am not
shure how far that went. I think Erik Hatcher has to drop in to this
discussion to give further information on this!

For further tasks to do on Antidote I'd like to point you to tis
document:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/ant-antidote/TODO?rev=HEAD&content-type=te
xt/vnd.viewcvs-markup

It's an old, but just in some points outdated TODO-list. Feel free to
pic up a task!

Greetings,
Christoph