ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject [VOTE] Let's use
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:40:38 GMT

as some of you may know, there is a new virtual host called that is supposed to be the source for software
archeologists, much as our folder is now. is setup to rsync from without
ever deleting anything, this means all new releases will end up there
eventually at one point in time.

I've gone ahead and copied over the contents of our old-releases
folder to this box and want to propose that we start using it instead
of /old-releases from now on.

The benefits I see:

* It is on, every committer has access to it.

* You don't need to copy files around after a release, just remove the

* At a point in time, mirrors may want to pick up
  as well - so we'd benefit from mirroring even for our old releases.

* we'd remove downloads and not (CVS-)controlled content from our

If this is accepted, I volunteer to update our ReleaseInstructions.

BTW, I found that the source distribution of Ant 1.2 doesn't have a
signature - the binary distribution is signed.  Does anybody have an
old copy of the ZIP archive and can verify that the file on (or /old-releases) is the file it claims to be?  If
so, please sign it (or let me do it).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message