ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Getting 1.6 out the door
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:29:48 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Conor MacNeill <>

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:08 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> and we need to get the new Launcher tested in a wider audience.
>> Gump doesn't use it, it still uses Main as its entry point

> The Main entry point is still valid and will remain so. Gump doesn't
> have to change, although it would be good to have that wide
> testing.

This is what I meant to say, yes.

> Is Gump running on any Windows boxes?

Not that I was aware of it.

>> and switching it to use Launcher will cause a lot of problems (if
>> we do it right and don't cheat by adding ant.jar to CLASSPATH, that
>> is).

Trying to be less cryptic.

If we use the new launcher and keep ant.jar away from the CLASSPATH,
then all builds that try to use a custom task from a jar that is on
the CLASSPATH will fail - these tasks are not able to load or any other Ant class as the custom task is
loaded from the system classloader and not from the one containing

All projects that use xdoclet or checkstyle or ant-contrib would be
affected by such a change in Gump.

We may need to rethink the classloader hierarchy here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message