ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] namespace and antlib
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:36:53 GMT
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

>   <typedef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml"
>            uri="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib"
>            classpath="/tmp/ant-contrib.jar"/>

wouldn't the resource attribute be redundant in that case?

> 3) reserved uri's

+1 on reserving the ant* protocol.

> 5) antlibs in the classpath

I'm leaning towards a repository of antlibs, say ANT_HOME/antlibs with
classloader isolation between different antlibs and discovery on
demand here.  I.e. don't force the antlib to live on Ant's core
classloader - and avoid scanning of the repository unless an antlib:*
URI has been used.

> 6) adding new definitions to a uri

What about overriding a definition?  Print a warning and succeed like
<taskdef> would do now?

+1 on the proposal in general.

Stefan