ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FWD] [GUMP] Build Failure - bootstrap-ojb
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:43:55 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@antbuild.com>
wrote:

> and probably due to the fact that the permission to read the system
> property "file.encoding" is not in the default hard coded set of
> permissions in Permissions#init().

I think we shouldn't even try to hard code the set of system
properties a class may access.  Can't we simply iterate over the
system properties and grant read for all of them?

Do we really have to limit property access at all in the default
permissons?  IMHO the permissions a non-forked <java> has should be
identical to the permissions a forked one would have, minus calling
System.exit.

Stefan