ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Build Time
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:02:24 GMT
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

>> DirectoryScanner.scandir Does somebody know anybody working on Ant
>> logging system? Is Ant 1.6 better in this regard?

Ant's DirectoryScanner may have become a lot (and I mean a lot) faster
in 1.6, depending on the patterns you use.

>> PS Removing synchronized() in this method gives even better
>> results

We allow listeners to be added and removed during event logging and we
may be running several tasks in <parallel>, so I'm afraid that
removing synchronized may be doing more harm than help.

For the same reason we clone the Vector of listeners before we start
to fire events.  In the patched code, we'd at least have to copy the
array and iterate over that copy to avoid problems when a listener
removes itself in response to a logged message.

I wouldn't expect the speed improvement to be as big after you've
thrown in a System.arraycopy.

Stefan