ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Knut Wannheden" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject can <subant> reuse Projects?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:40:06 GMT
Hi,

Up until now I've been using my own <subant> like task.  But now that Ant
1.6 doesn't seem too distant anymore I'd like to integrate with <subant>.

There's one thing I'm wondering about: Can <subant> reuse the same Project
object corresponding to a buildfile in multiple calls?  The reason that I'm
askin this is that I think it would be nice if a target's dependencies were
only resolved once.  Consider the following case:

         a.xml
           ^
         /   \
    b.xml    c.xml
       ^      ^
        \    /
         d.xml

where I in b.xml and c.xml use <subant> to invoke a target i a.xml.  And in
d.xml i use <subant> to invoke a target in b.xml and c.xml.  Now if both
b.xml and c.xml invoke the same target "foo" in a.xml, then I'd only want
the dependencies of "a:foo" to be resolved once.

Is this currently possible with <subant> or would it be possible to add this
behaviour?

--
knut