ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Knut Wannheden" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject Re: [new tasks] presetdef and macrodef
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:28:27 GMT
This looks excellent!  It makes Ant a lot more flexible, but at the same
time also more compilcated to use.  Buildfiles with (possibly nested)
<macrodef/>s and <include/>s could be a lot harder to understand and
maintain.  But if used correctly, probably easier!

A question: is <macrodef> a special task in the sense that it seems to be
able to suppress Ant from resolving properties for it when the task is
evaluated?  Is there a mechanism which allows this to be done in custom
tasks as well?

--
knut