ant-dev mailing list archives

From Morten Mortensen <morten.morten...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Request: "ant -projecthelp" is way too complicated!
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2003 17:59:35 GMT

Hi all developers,

It is really nice to have "ant -projecthelp" list all those targets with a
"description"-attribute on them. I use it a lot. Some nights I have dreams
about targets with scopes put upon them, non-public targets, targets not
beeing listed by their name when executing Ant-scripts, grouping of targets
into "interfaces" - more complicated stuff, possibly unnecessary.

However, writing "-projecthelp" is a bit... lengthy. When you have done it
in three different shells, you kind of get irritated. When Ant-files are
generated - like I do -, the names of targets are not necessarily "just
something you know".

Please consider adding a shorter form - like e.g. "-ph" - as an alias for
"-projecthelp"!!

Med venlig hilsen
  Morten Sabroe Mortensen
  TietoEnator A/S, Ved Lunden 12, 8230 Åbyhøj, Danmark
  mailto:Morten.Mortensen@tietoenator.com
  http://www.tietoenator.com