ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Getting 1.6 out the door
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:34:54 GMT
Gus Heck wrote:
>> I don't think there's such a thing as experimental stuff. It's either
>> in or
>> not, and once in, it must be backward compatible.
>> I'm sorry so few people chimed in on the subject of overloading the
>> meaning
>> of ${name} in Ant. If this could be changed, then I'd have an
>> enthusiastic
>> +1, but as it stands, I'm -1 or maybe -0.
>> --DD
> I agree 100%.
> I also would like some feedback on my target access modifier patch, if
> possble
> (see
> I have mentioned this to a couple of people, including the friend who
> introduced me to ant in the first place and all thought the idea was
> good. I would like it to get in 1.6 if possible.

I am worried about the interaction between public/private and the
inclusion mechanism. Will people expect object style access modifiers to
  work with inclusion, such that targets marked private can not be
called by included content?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message