ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Hiller <d...@xsoftware.biz>
Subject Re: ant task submission....compilewithwalls
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:45:00 GMT
    ok, I am a moron.  I think I ran into the top of that when looking
for guidelines and must not have looked down far enough.  My apologies
for being annoying.
    Anyways, what you are saying kind of worries me.  I have no where to
really post this then?  I have a feeling this ant task is just going to
end up being used by me because I can't put it in some open source
repository to share it with others.  this is a self-contained task
unlike most other tasks out there so I don't think it would be too hard
to include it.  People can still e-mail me for support which is why I
put my e-mail there, or just assign me the bugs that come in or something.
    How should I handle this then?  I have attached the new task, which
has the apache licenses.  I formatted the code to the java standard, and
I added about 5 tests.  There are extra .java files for testing purposes
which I put in src/etc also.  I packaged it so it can be unzipped easily
into an ant structure as long as you have workareas/ant1.5.4.(I couldn't
figure out that part of winzip-winzip illiterate).  I will file a bug
and attach the zip file there too like the document you referred to me said.
thanks for all your input on this,
Dean