ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ant task submission....compilewithwalls
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:24:30 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Dean Hiller wrote, On 26/08/2003 13.59:
>
>> Currently at work we prevent this same thing by having separate source
>> trees and people are complaining up a storm.

>> This helps with that problem of allowing one to keep one source tree
>> and put up walls that prevent other packages to be used from certain
>> packages that are supposed to be independent.
>

> I like it. :-)
>
> I have never liked keeping separate directories for things, even if I do
> it for the benefit it has in build separation.

I like a good layout of project.model. and project.view. trees; any
instance of .view packages in the model class is a complete failure of
separation and easily caught. But having more rigorous meta-rules is
interesting.

Would it need to be a compile time process, or something you can do just
by processing the source or even the class files, a la <depends>?