ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: <csc> and Mono (was Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/optional dotnet.xml)
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 00:22:51 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>

>>yup. We either want no refs, or we want the mono refs.
>

> With /nostdlib+ and Mono refs it doesn't work (Mono tries to open the
> refs in read/write mode, no idea why).  So in the case of Mono I'd
> vote for no refs.
>

>>I was thinking of something different,
>

> As you understand the .NET area and I don't, at least not yet, please
> go ahead and use me and my Linux setup as the Mono guinea pig.
>

>>1. drop all predefined references the moment you name an executable
>>on the command line.
>

> Won't that cause a backwards compatibility problem?

Added a new reference that controls stdlib include/exclude. I've left
the old one still in there, but am reasonably sure that we could cut the
old behaviour out on default references and nothing would break (as
excluding the stdlib is so drastic, I doubt anyone does it)

Does it work? No, not yet. And /home/slo becomes drive F:

testCSC-Mono:
       [csc] compiling 2 files
      [exec] fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Unknown directory 14 ignored
      [exec] err:module:import_dll Module (file) mscoree.dll (which is
needed by
F:\Java\Apache\ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\optional\dotnet\build\ExampleCsc.e
xe) not found

Drive F. Hmmm. Maybe the CLR has assumptions about drive letters built
in from the beginning -so its easier to flow with the design defect than
it is is to correct it.

-steve