ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Getting 1.6 out the door
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:03:43 GMT
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:08 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Peter is currently on vacation, I hope he'll be back soon enough to
> chime in.

Agreed. I'd like Peter's thoughts too as he is involved with most of the major
changes, especially antlib.

> Maybe we should consequentyl call the first 1.6 release 1.6.0 then?

+1

> The permissions stuff is causing some problems and we need to get the
> new Launcher tested in a wider audience.  Gump doesn't use it, it
> still uses Main as its entry point and switching it to use Launcher
> will cause a lot of problems (if we do it right and don't cheat by
> adding ant.jar to CLASSPATH, that is).

The Main entry point is still valid and will remain so. Gump doesn't have to
change, although it would be good to have that wide testing. Is Gump running
on any Windows boxes? I wonder if it would have issues with the line lengths
that may result.

I would like to add some more capability to the launcher to look in different
library locations. I have added the ability to use a location relative to the
user's home dir. This lets a single Ant install be used with per-user lib
configurations. Currently the location is fixed and there is only one.

Conor