ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Blakey <>
Subject Bug? 1.6
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:47:55 GMT
I suspect there is a bug in ResourceLocation.

I encounter the bug in XMLCatalog by running the xslt task with an xmlcatalog
sub-task. It occurs when trying to load a dtd from the local file system on
Windows. The bug does not occur under Linux/U**X - you'll see why below.

At around about line 675 in XMLCatalog:
 url = new URL(baseURL, uri);

This thows due to the fact that the uri is not a well formed uri when running
under Windows. Further up the code:

  private InputSource filesystemLookup(ResourceLocation matchingEntry) {

        String uri = matchingEntry.getLocation();

getLocation under windows will return something like:

The baseUrl would be something like:

getLocation (or another method?) needs to return

/C:\top\of\tree/rest/of/path/for/the/dtd <- which is a bit more like a valid

I guess there are a couple of ways to fix this.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message