ant-dev mailing list archives

From peter reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] namespace and antlib
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:33:52 GMT
On Thursday 14 August 2003 16:13, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, peter reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
> > Users are allowed to use antlib:*. The restricted uri's are uris
> > that users are not allowed to use in <typedef/>.
>
> Does that as a corrolary mean users can't override built-in tasks.
> It
> seems a bit wierd to say you must not use uri="ant:*" and make
> ant:core its default value.

Is true, but I did not say that (I think). I said that they cannot use
"ant:*" except for "ant:core".

The history is that I wanted to only allow users to have definitions
in antlib:* or ant:core,  but some (ok most) people wanted to
have arbitarty uris. So the core now allows this except for
"ant:*" minus "ant:core". Where ant:* is reserved for future
use by ant.

Peter