ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I signed jakarta-ant-src.zip on archives.apache.org
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:06:44 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> So I went ahead and signed the file and put the signature on
> archive.apache.org.  It would be nice if anybody using PGP and in
> particular using PGP on Windows could verify the signature because of
> this comment by Magesh in the ReleaseInstructions
>
> ,----
> | Try to do this on Linux since the gpg signatures generated on Windows
may
> | cause some PGP users problems verifying signatures even though they seem
> | OK.
> `----

Conor had indicated that this was an issue when he shared an email
detailing the steps he followed for making a release.  I had added
his comment directly.  Later, I did find that I could successfully
use a Windows version of GnuPG and PGP users did *not* have any
problems.  So, I suspect that this statement can be removed.  Conor?

> In fact, I've never used the --force-v3-sigs switch of GnuPG before.

IIRC, I did this to ensure it was compatible with some older versions
of PGP.

Cheers,
Magesh