ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject More NetWare changes(to fix AvailableTest failure)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:23:07 GMT
The AvailableTest brings out a case I didn't code for back when I made
NetWare-specific changes to PathTokenizer.java, namely the use of a path
of "..:directory", which should resolve to two paths:  one directory a
level up from basedir, and (IIUC) one directory "directory", relative to
the basedir.  Looking at PathTest, this is not tested for on any
platform.  So, I added one test case in the "testConstructorUnixStyle"
method, and appropriate code to make NetWare handle this case.  It looks
like Windows handles this already, if I understand the correct behavior
completely.  I do not currently have Unix/Linux access (working on
it...), so I just made a guess that the Unix case should be handled the
same, but with forward slashes.

Please review this new test -- since there were no other tests of these
types of relative paths in PathTest, I had to come up with a reliable
way to do this without anything else to refer to.  There may be other
ways to do it.

With these changes, AvailableTest no longer fails on NetWare.  This
change to PathTokenizer is isolated to the code that only executes if
you are actually running Ant on NetWare, so it is not risky for other
platforms.

diff files attached.

Thanks,

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com