ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: New Laucher
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:03:38 GMT
Yeah, I about mass-deleted my ant emails today since I've been on
vacation, good thing this subject name for some reason caught my
attention.  Let me ponder it and get back to you shortly.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com

>>> bodewig@apache.org 7/8/03 9:12:00 AM >>>
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> It turns out this "legacy" code works better than the commented out
> code because it handles spaces in file names (which are otherwise
> rendered as %20)

Yes, the URI handling code in FileUtils is better than the code in the
JDK, at least up to 1.3.  JDK 1.4 with the URI class and File.toURI is
a different beast.

> The first, I intend to replace with (File.pathSeparatorChar ==
> ';'). That should be equivalent except on Netware but I'm not sure
> if Netware should be excluded or not - i.e. is the original code
> based on "dos" correct?

I don't know.  Is Jeff Tulley still around?  Jeff?? 8-)

> 1. Move getClassSource and getResourceSource to Locator from
> LoaderUtils.

Recode them to use Locator + FileUtils.normalize?

would resolve

> 1. getClassSource and getReosurceSource results will not be
> normalized.

Stefan